Before the beginning of last year, I set some goals for myself. Not only did I prayerfully consider the things on which I’d focus, once I committed to them, I printed them out, taped them to my refrigerator, confessed them to my friends and family, and then set them into practice.
Here they are….
1. Breathe first, then speak.
2. Stop manufacturing stress.
3. Choose internal calm and joy, even in the midst of chaos.
4. Be present in all things at all times. Focus.
5. Do it afraid, if necessary, but do NOT let the fear paralyze you.
6. Articulate, both figuratively and literally.
7. Remember yesterday, in order to fully savor today.
8. Publish weekly
9. Make one affirmative step towards finding an agent every month.
10. Run one 5k, one 8k and one 10k by year’s end.
11. Give at least one sincere complement each day.
12. Practice the sacrament of Rest.